Michael Richards is a native Arizonan. He grew up in Casa Grande and later moved to Tempe to attend Arizona State University. Midway through his degree, he moved to Chicago and transferred to Midwestern University where he graduated in 1997 with honors from Midwestern with a Bachelor’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies. After graduating, he moved back to Phoenix, accepting an adjunct faculty appointment with Midwestern University in Glendale as well his current position with Dr. Laris at Phoenix Skin Medical Surgical Group.
Michael completed an intensive six-month dermatological residency administered by Dr. Laris and various other valley dermatologists. He has been licensed by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants to practice medicine since 1997.
Michael serves as a preceptor to various physician assistant programs across the country, educating students on a regular basis. When he is not at work, Michael enjoys spending time with his wife and children.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies – Midwestern University (1997)
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (1997)
- Physician Assistant Studies –
- Midwestern University
- Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Arizona Dermatology Physician Assistant Society
- American Academy of Physician Assistants in Legal Medicine