Dr. Nichelle Madden is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic and reconstructive surgeon. She received her undergraduate degree in Philosophy and Biology from the College of St. Benedict/St. Johns University in St. Joseph, MN. She went on to receive her medical degree from Des Moines University, College of Osteopathic Medicine. After graduation, Dr. Madden completed her internship at Broward Health Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL, and Dermatology residency at Beaumont Hospital/Michigan State University, where she served as chief resident during her final year of training.
After residency, she pursued her passion for surgery by applying for additional training in Mohs micrographic surgery and dermatologic oncology. She was selected among her peers for the prestigious fellowship position at Dayton Skin in Dayton, OH. Dr. Heidi Donnelly served as her program director during her rigorous year of training. Dr. Madden was also appointed the position of fellow clinical instructor for the Wright State Dermatology Residency Program.
Dr. Madden has presented at regional and national dermatology meetings, published articles in the dermatologic literature and served as a resident liaison for the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery. She is a current member of the American College of Mohs Surgery, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, American Academy of Dermatology, and the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. In addition, she has attended medical missions practicing dermatology in the Peruvian Amazon and worked as a camp doctor at Camp Discovery, a summer camp for children with dermatologic conditions.
Outside of work, Dr. Madden enjoys the company of family and friends, traveling, and healthy cooking. In addition, she likes to stay active by running, biking, golfing, and snowboarding.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree – College of Saint Benedict/ St. Johns University (2009)
- Osteopathic Medical Degree – Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (2014)
- Traditional Rotating Internship – Broward Health Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale, FL (2015)
- Dermatology Residency – Beaumont Hospital Farmington Hills/ Michigan State University (2018)
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship – Dayton Skin, Dayton OH (2020)
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association