Stellar M22 is a non-invasive treatment for the removal of unwanted tattoos and is the most advanced tattoo removal system on the market. More than a quarter of the population is adorned with at least one tattoo.  And of all the people who get tattoos around 12% regret their decision.  According to Kenneth Research, New York, the global market for tattoo removal will grow to $4.8 billion by 2023.  Some people never finish their tattoos because they grow to dislike them so much, or their circumstances change and the tattoo no longer has meaning.
Whatever the circumstance, if you want to get rid of your tattoo, there are a few things you should know about the process using Stellar M22; this system is a new and improved laser that makes the tattoo removal process more effective than any other system currently on the market.
At Phoenix Skin Medical, Surgical & Cosmetic Dermatology, we are excited about this new technology that can remove tattoos dark-colored tattoos quickly, with fewer treatments. Are you interested in learning more about Stellar M22 tattoo removal? Call Phoenix Skin at (480) 473-9111 in Scottsdale or fill out our inquiry form to receive a returned call shortly.
And remember to follow our blog for all the information Phoenix Skin provides to our current and future patients.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 About Stellar M22
- 3 About Tattoo Ink
- 4 What are the Benefits of Stellar M22 Tattoo Removal?
- 5 Who are the Ideal Candidates for M22 Tattoo Removal?
- 6 Personal Consultation
- 7 What to Expect During Treatment
- 8 Post-Treatment Care
- 9 What are the Results of Tattoo Removal in Arizona?
- 10 How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?
- 11 Tattoo Removal Cost & Packages
- 12 Contact Us Today!
- 13 Pricing Information
- 14 References
Before and After Photos
About Stellar M22
The Stellar M22 laser uses a wavelength that is absorbed by dark tattoo pigments. The light energy from the laser breaks up the tattoo ink into tiny pieces, which are then absorbed by your body’s natural filtering system making this a much more efficient way to treat tattoos. All of the ink is targeted at once rather than just the top layer.
The M22 is also equipped with a CoolScan™ scanner, which helps to evenly distribute the laser energy over the entire tattoo.
The CoolScan scanner also helps to reduce the risk of burns or other side effects, as it automatically stops delivering energy if it senses that the skin is getting too hot; this is a significant safety feature, as previous generations of lasers did not have this technology and patients were at risk for serious side effects.
About Tattoo Ink
Before discussing Stellar M22, it’s important to understand how tattoos work. The tattoo needle punctures your skin around 100 times per second, with the aim of depositing ink in a region 1.5 to 2 millimeters below the surface of your skin. The tattoo needle must penetrate the epidermis, which is the superficial layer of skin, and enter the dermis in order for the ink to be permanent. The dermis contains blood vessels and nerves, so that’s why getting a tattoo can hurt and your skin bleeds during the process.
Macrophages are a type of white blood cell that is responsible for removing debris and damaged cells from the body ; however, this isn’t as effective when it comes to tattoo ink. Some macrophages holding onto ink particles remain in the dermis while other pigment particles are absorbed by fibroblasts. It has also been found that clumps of pigment adhere between the dense collagen fibers of the dermis.
Why do people end up regretting their tattoos? Here are some of the most common reasons:
- They got the tattoo when they were young and impulsive and now they regret it.
- The tattoo was a reminder of a past relationship that they would rather forget.
- They got the tattoo as a dare or to rebel and now they regret it.
- The tattoo was poorly done and they’re embarrassed by it.
- They no longer identify with the group or lifestyle that the tattoo represents.
Tattoo removal is a process, and it is important to be patient. It can take several months to see results, and you may need to return for multiple treatments. But once you no longer have a reminder of a time in your life, a person, or an event that you regret, you’ll be all the better for it.
What are the Benefits of Stellar M22 Tattoo Removal?
The Lumenis Stellar M22 laser tattoo removal machine is unique in that it uses Q-Switch technology to tailor treatments specifically for each individual. The Q-Switched Nd:YAG laser is effective for the removal of dark colors of tattoo inks.  The new Q-Switch technology can accommodate all your tattoo removal needs, giving you better results overall.
The number of treatments required will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The age of the tattoo
- The size of the tattoo
- The location of the tattoo
- The depth of the tattoo
- The ink used in the tattoo
- Your skin type
- Your body’s natural ability to remove the ink
What Makes Stellar M22 So Safe?
The M22 laser is much safer than other lasers, as it is equipped with CoolScan technology; this scanner helps to evenly distribute the laser energy over the entire tattoo, which reduces the risk of burns or other side effects. Stellar M22 provides patients with a more comfortable experience through continuous contact cooling.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for M22 Tattoo Removal?
M22 tattoo removal is ideal for men and women who have tattoos that they regret. It is also a good option for people who are looking for a safer tattoo removal option. Stellar M22 is safe for most skin tones. Dark pigments, such as black and blue, can be removed more easily than bright colors like red and yellow.
- Patients who have taken Accutane must wait at least 12 months before tattoo removal to avoid severe scarring.
- Patients prone to developing cold sores should take anti-herpes medication before laser tattoo removal treatment.
- Smokers should quit at least two weeks prior to the procedure and for 6 weeks after in order to allow for better healing.
If you are considering M22 tattoo removal, it is important to consult with a qualified provider. Not all providers are qualified to perform M22 tattoo removal, and it is important to find a provider who is experienced in using this laser. At Phoenix Skin, our aesthetic experts are specially trained to use the M22 laser for tattoo removal. We will work with you to create a treatment plan that is tailored to your individual needs.
To learn more about M22 tattoo removal, or to schedule a consultation at our Scottsdale location, contact us today.
We don’t need to know why you want to remove your tattoo only that you want it gone. When you come in for a consultation, we will need to:
- See the tattoo
- Assess the size, colors, and depth of the tattoo
- Recommend a treatment plan
At your consultation, you will also have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about the tattoo removal process. Ask away! We is happy to discuss your treatment prep, the procedure, and recovery with you.
What to Expect During Treatment
M22 tattoo removal is a safe and effective way to remove unwanted tattoos. The treatment itself is quick and easy.
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
The number of sessions required for tattoo removal varies from person to person and is dependent on a number of factors. Most people report seeing a significant lightening of their tattoo after just one treatment. However, the number of treatments required will depend on the size, colors, and depth of the tattoo.
After your laser tattoo removal treatment, you may see small white circles on the affected area. These will usually turn into redness and mild swelling, but they should dissolve within 24 hours. It is important to follow all post-treatment care instructions, which will vary depending on the area treated, but may include:
- Wearing sunscreen
- Avoiding hot tubs and saunas
- Using a topical antibiotic
- Avoiding picking or scratching at the treatment area
- Avoid exposing the treatment area to sunlight for at least 6 weeks after treatment
A crust will start developing on the tattoo within 24 hours; this is a normal, natural response from your skin as it starts to heal. The crust should fall off completely within 2 weeks, and you will begin to see the tattoo fading in color and shape during this time period. You should wait 4-6 weeks before scheduling another laser removal session.
What are the Results of Tattoo Removal in Arizona?
Stellar M22 guarantees that you will see a visible change in your tattoo’s appearance after just one session. However, depending on the size, color, and depth of your tattoo, it may take multiple sessions to be completely removed. Some tattoos may only need four sessions while others could require up to ten.
Whether you’re looking to erase a bad memory or you’re just ready for a change, tattoo removal in Arizona is a great option for most people looking to move on from that regretful ink.
How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?
Laser tattoo removal is the most effective, non-invasive method of safe tattoo ink removal. The lasers used aby Phoenix Skin for tattoo removal are designed to effectively target the ink that resides just under your skin.
Using different wavelengths of light to address the many different colors used in tattoos, the laser breaks down the ink particles into smaller fragments which are then removed through your body’s natural cleansing process.
This cleansing process generally takes between 3 to 4 weeks to remove the maximum amount of ink pigments.
Tattoo Removal Cost & Packages
- The cost per treatment starts at $45 for a 1” x 1” size tattoo and increases based on the dimensions of the tattoo. Please reference our pricing chart below for PicoSure tattoo removal cost.
- Military discount of 10% is available (must show id).
- No office minimums are required as you may find elsewhere (please call to schedule a consultation to get PicoSure cost).
- Also, unlike other practices, there is no pressure to prepay for treatment packages. Care Credit financing is also available.
Contact Us Today!
If you are one of the thousands living with bad tattoos or you’re tired of your tattoo, call today for a tattoo removal consultation.
- Up to 1 Square Inch $45
- Up to 5 square inches $100
- Up to 10 square inches $150
- Up to 15 square inches $200
- Up to 20 square inches $225
- Up to 25 square inches $250
- Up to 35 square inches $275
- Up to 45 square inches $300
- Up to 55 square inches $350
- Up to 65 square inches $400
- Up to 75 square inches $450
- Up to 90 square inches $500
- Up to 100 square inches $525
- Up to 125 square inches $600
- Up to 150 square inches $650
- Call for removal pricing of tattoos larger than 150 square inches. Multiple tattoo discount available. Price reflects cost per individual treatment and is subject to change.
A $50 non-refundable fee is required to schedule a consultation and can be applied towards treatment. Less than 24-hour notice for cancellation and/or no show will result in a forfeiture of the $50.
- Statista. United States – number of tattoos 2019. Statista. Published 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/721567/number-of-tattoos-united-states/
- Statista. United States: people who regret getting tattoos. Statista. Published 2021. https://www.statista.com/statistics/447473/regretting-tattoos-in-the-us/
- Associated Press. Tattoo removal booming as people pay to make old ink go away. AP NEWS. Published May 18, 2021. Accessed October 28, 2022. https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-pandemic-lifestyle-tattoos-business-aa753e6b5ef646f7e94293736f078662
- Fujiwara N, Kobayashi K. Macrophages in Inflammation. Current Drug Target -Inflammation & Allergy. 2005;4(3):281-286. doi:10.2174/1568010054022024
- Kilmer SL, Lee MS, Grevelink JM, Flotte TJ, Anderson RR. The Q-switched Nd:YAG laser effectively treats tattoos. A controlled, dose-response study. Archives of Dermatology. 1993;129(8):971-978. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8352621/