There are three types of Restylane available at Phoenix Skin Dermatology: Restlane-L (Restylane Lift, previous known as Perlane), Restylane and Restylane Silk.
As the active ingredient in Restylane is hyaluronic acid. It occurs in the skin as a sugar that serves as a natural moisturizer within the connective tissues of your skin, providing moisture and plump and supple skin. As the years go by, the amount of the hyaluronic acid produced by the body slowly reduces, leading to those bothersome lines and wrinkles. Restylane is not derived from animals and has a high safety profile.FDA approved for lip augmentation
Restylane and Restylane Silk are FDA approved dermal fillers for lips.
As with the other hyaluronic acid dermal fillers offered by Phoenix Skin Dermatology, Restylane can treat other areas as well. Depending on the desired result, Dr. Laris will determine which filler is best for you. All three of the Restylane fillers vary in consistency and placement depth.These areas may include:
• Worry Lines: Horizontal lines appearing on the forehead (forehead lines).
• Smile Lines: The lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the sides of the nose (nasolabial folds).
• Crow’s Feet: Lines which radiate outward from the corners of the eyes (periorbital lines).
• Frown Lines: Creases that form between the eyebrows over time (glabellar lines).
• Marionette Lines: Lines that extend downwards from the corners of the mouth (oral commissures).
• Smoker’s Lines: Fine lines which form on the upper lip (perioral or vertical lip lines).
Once the 20-30-minute appointment is complete, you can resume your normal activities. As with almost all dermal injections, temporary swelling, bruising or redness may occur.The Result
After your appointment you will immediately notice the difference.* Those results will last six to nine months.* A ‘booster’ treatment between 4 ½ to 9 months after your initial treatment can maintain those results for up to 2 years. The increased result does not apply to lip augmentation.How About Other Hyaluronic Acid Fillers?
The primary difference between fillers with the active ingredient of hyaluronic acid is the thickness of the product itself as it is a gel. Phoenix Skin Dermatology offers the following hyaluronic acid dermal fillers: Restylane, Belotero, Juvederm Ultra, and Juvederm Ultra Plus. These products allow numerous options to achieve your desired result. Schedule a complementary consultation today to see what we can do to enhance your appearance.Hide Article